Wednesday 9 April 2014

Top 5 Wednesday: Book Quotes

1. "Some infinities are bigger than other infinities."
      - The Fault In Our Stars, John Green

2. "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view ... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it."
     - To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee

3. "Did you say the stars were worlds, Tess?"
    "Yes" 
    "All like ours?"
    "I don't know, but I think so. They sometimes seem to be like apples on our stubbard-tree. Most of them splendid and sound - a few blighted."
   "Which do we live on - a splendid one or a blighted one?"
    "A blighted one". 
      - Tess of the d'Urbervilles, Thomas Hardy

4. "Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living. You said I killed you -- haunt me then. The murdered do haunt their murderers. I believe -- I know that ghosts have wandered the erath. Be with me always -- take any form -- drive me mad. Only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! It is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!" 
      - Wuthering Heights, Emily Brontë

5. "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
      - The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald

No comments:

Post a Comment