1. "Some infinities are bigger than other infinities."
- The Fault In Our Stars, John Green
2. "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view ... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it."
- To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
3. "Did you say the stars were worlds, Tess?"
"All like ours?"
"I don't know, but I think so. They sometimes seem to be like apples on our stubbard-tree. Most of them splendid and sound - a few blighted."
"Which do we live on - a splendid one or a blighted one?"
"A blighted one".
- Tess of the d'Urbervilles, Thomas Hardy
4. "Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living. You said I killed you -- haunt me then. The murdered do haunt their murderers. I believe -- I know that ghosts have wandered the erath. Be with me always -- take any form -- drive me mad. Only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! It is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!"
- Wuthering Heights, Emily Brontë
5. "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
- The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald