Friday 18 March 2016

Friday Reads

Although I don't have too much to say, I thought I'd best make a(nother) comeback with a #FridayReads.


At the beginning of the year, I had decided to start reading more Dutch books, and I'd been failing a little, because Dutch books are expensive and I generally still bought English books. Since my sister recommended me to get a library subscription and I listened (!) things have been going a lot better. I didn't really know where to get started reading contemporary literature, so I decided to browse around some literary prizes and I found that the Libris Literatuurprijs Shortlist had just been announced. I picked up a few of those from the library (offline as well as online as ebook), and that's what I've been reading for the past week. I finished two, and I'm currently reading the third one: Als de winter voorbij is (When Winter is Over) by Thomas Verbogt. Only three more to go!

You may now think that this 'reading Dutch' thing is going to ruin my English blog, but I promise you it isn't. I have quite a few things - reviews as well as other posts - planned out. This Sunday, you can expect a review of one of the most well-known American modern classics.

Have a great weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment