Tuesday 17 February 2015

Review: Eleanor and Park

Title: Eleanor and Park
Author: Rainbow Rowell
Genre: YA Contemporary
Year: 2012
Pages: 325

Eleanor is the new girl at school, whose private life is anything but perfect. She doesn't quite fit in at school, and is hesitant to talk to the guy sitting next to her in the bus, Park.

Of course, this sounds like your average cliché young adult love story. Be warned, it's not. Yes, it's cute at many instants, absolutely adorable sixteen-year-olds falling in love for the first time. But it's also heart breaking. While reading it, I noticed it was well-written, but I didn't notice it was so realistically and emotionally done that it would hit me so hard. But it did. Although Eleanor was at times annoying, I understood why, and I loved her as a character. Park, as well, is just a beautiful character. Yet again another young adult contemporary I devoured.




No comments:

Post a Comment